In May 2019 we examined 31 bridges for the ASFINAG alongside the S6 Semmering Expressway, the S35 Bruckner Expressway and the S36 Murtal Expressway. The largest bridge turned out to be the “Murbrücke Grünhübel” with a total area of 8000 m2. It could only be examined at the weekend in the course of a complete road block. Another challenge meant the heavy traffic at the junction of Bruck an der Mur, which almost only consists of bridges.
An interesting aspect of these examinations were the different designs of the bridges (like corrugated profile passage, reinforced concrete framework, beam/plates cross-sections as well as arched bridges and prestressed concrete hollow-boxed-constructions). The rest of the bridge inspections will take place in summer/autumn 2019 – in particular the engineering structures above the railway track systems.
In our point of view sport generally is good and important for everyone. Above all sportive group competitions are a perfect combination of team spirit, team work and determination combined with harmony and fun. Sport brings together people, fraternises and is a source of joie de vivre and quality of life.
Therefore we will support several events and clubs with a helpful donation this year:
- fire brigade Blons for the 16th coupling cup
- Dipsydoodles for the inline hockey cup
- sportsclub Pirates in Feldkirch for their 2nd Bubblesoccer tournament
- vaulting group Blumenegg with an annual contribution for their youth support
- austrian handicapped sports association with an annual contribution for their support of sporting activities for handicapped people
- austrian school sports support for the commercial academy and the commercial school in Bludenz
You are welcome to visit the competitions, share the thrill and have a party!
Today the groundbreaking ceremony for the building works at the new motorway junction Bludenz/Bürs takes place. The new access- and exit ramps will be built after the demolition and new construction of several bridges and nearby buildings. Our team at amiko has been awarded the contract to figure out new solutions for the design calculation check of all structural buildings (bridges, retaining walls).
After many hours of work and smoking heads we are happy to present our new website to all our customers and interested parties.
Better structured, more informative and modern - our website not only offers a good overview of our range of services and company philosophy, but also shows an up-to-date list of references.
Have fun browsing through it!
Here are a few of our latest projects of public customers, which we will be working on in January 2019:
- Municipality of Altmünster: bridge inspection of bridge over the Aurach
- Controlling of torrents and avalanche protection Upper Austria - West: static development of three bridges
- County Government of Vorarlberg, department of road constructions: reinstatement works of “Frutz-Bridge”
- ASFINAG (national motorway and express highway financing public company), Vienna: tender planning and implementation planning A14, junction Feldkirch - Frastanz
- ASFINAG (national motorway and express highway financing public company): tunnel inspection Mixnitz, S35, Brucker express highway
- International Rhine construction management - Austria: dismantling service railway bridge, Mäder
…we would like to wish all our customers, colleagues and partners on this occasion.
May the new year be full of enriching experiences so that we can develop ourselves, grow with our challenges and successfully complete all the work ahead of us.
Due to the recent masses of snow we want to have a look at this subject from a statically point of view. How much snow can a flat roof/saddle roof bear? When do I have to start shovelling it off?
Unfortunately there are no universal answers. The snow load, which has to be taken into account for statically calculations, depends on the region, the sea level and in Austria is regulated by the “ÖNORM B 1991-1-4”. The snow load for your location can be inquired at a structural engineer office or the responsible building authority (municipal office).
As the volume weight of snow can vary (powder snow, wet snow, corn snow) the actual snow load can only be found out by weighing. In order to do so one takes a “snow pillar” and weighs it. This way the weight per square meter can be converted. It can simply be done by putting down a tube in the snow right to the rooftop. Then the snow pillar (and the joint ice) has to be weight. Divide the weight by the tube’s surface and you will get the load of the snow concerned.
By observing deformations of the supporting structure or crack widths in the concrete it can be estimated, whether the structure has got reserves or not. Striking deformations are a sign of heavy wearing at the supporting structure. The actual bearing capacity can only be figured out by calculation. In this case please consult a structural engineer, master builder or the site supervisor of your house. The bearing capacity for wood- and steel formwork can be found out quite easily. Only for reinforced concrete structures with unknown reinforcement content no recalculation can be carried out.
If the snow load and the bearing reserves show that the snow on a roof needs to be shovelled off, then please be careful! Never underestimate the danger of falling down. There may be additional hazards like being swept away by sliding snow or slipping on patches of ice. Therefore we highly recommend professional aid, e.g. the local fire brigade.
The stork visited amiko three times in a short time. We congratulate our employees to their offspring:
- Walter is happy about the birth of his little Nils.
- Rudi gets male backing in his family with his Philipp again.
- Alexander becomes daddy the first time with daughter Rosalie.
We wish you all the best for the future!